Monday, March 30, 2009

We Voted Earth

28th Mar, 2009 marked the first global election between earth and global warming and we, a small family also did our part to vote for earth!

As usual, I knew we will be out for dinner at this hour so I had all our lights set to off from 8.30pm-9.30pm that night. I also told Brenda to do the same and she did! We were home around 8.45pm and the whole house was dark and quiet. I only lite up the candles for the aroma burners, and Charlotte was very curious why we didn't turn on the lights.

She was very excited about all this, it was quiet and calm, no TV, no music, no laptops. Charlotte is too young to understand what global warming is about, so I turned the subject into "appreciation" instead. The story I associated her was "long long time ago, people's house had no lights, no air conditioning, no TV, no fan. We need to be thankful for what we have now, and thus when not using it we need to make sure to switch them off." She understood that very well, and the example she gave me was "Like Tarzan hor?" *LOL*

That night, she said her thanks in her prayer and we were all happy that we did our part in this small voting activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment