Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Determination

We noticed that Charlotte has strong determination since young. If she decided to get something done, she will not stop trying until she gets it. We first noticed her strong determination when she learn to drink from a regular cup (without the sipping cover) and she mastered the skill at around 18months if I'm not mistaken. She also insisted to wear her own shoes (with Velcro) and she got it before she turned 2 too.
* Each child has unique development milestones and I'm not saying that she is ahead in her motor skill development. I am saying about her "determination" in getting things done, especially things that interest her.

Lately, she takes interest in buttons. She wants to get every button on her dress done, all by herself. She will be fuming mad if we try to help her. Once I lost my patience and I thought I get 3 out of the 4 buttons on her school uniform done for her and let her work on 1 to shorten the time. She broke into big tears and started to make a big fuss out of it. To calm her down, I had to unbutton it all and let her work out all the 4 buttons. She is now able to get bigger buttons done, but smaller ones are still tough for her.

1 comment: