Thursday, December 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Auntie Brenda!

I always remember 17th Dec is Brenda's birthday (our maid) since her first day with us but I didn't celebrate her birthday during the first 2 years. I don't know why, I was trying to keep a distance, worried that she might climb over my head one day if I didn't manage the relationship well.

As time past by, Brenda shows her sincerity and I feel rather comfortable to be open with her these days. Since Pat is on business this entire week, I thought I would make a simple celebration on the 17th. So, I went to a nearby bakery after work and bought a birthday cake. When I arrived home, Brenda was already busy in the kitchen preparing dinner and only my girl greeted me at the front door. So I quietly keeping the birthday cake in the fridge and went on to wash up and had dinner as usual.

It was only after dinner and after Brenda had gotten every evening chores settled before I asked Charlotte to announce about the birthday cake. We lit the candle, sang the birthday song and took some pictures for her to send back to her family. She was very happy and thank me for being so thoughtful later that night :)


Little action makes big difference sometimes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment