Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Charlotte's lullaby

Nope, it's not Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, it's not Rock A Bye Baby or other traditional lullaby. Read on if you want to know what that is...

Charlotte enjoys movie a lot, by now she has watched Madagascar, Ice Age (1 & 2), Barn Yard, Open Season, Toy Story (1 & 2), Shrek (1, 2 & 3), Snow White, The Ant Bully, Bugs Life, Bee and many more. Lately, she picked up a song from Toy Story 2, which played when Jessie told Woody a story of her past. Charlotte refers to that song as Woody Song because she associate it with that movie.

For past few nights, she kept asking me to sing this song to her when I tuck her to bed. Well, it is a very nice song but I couldn't remember the entire song (yet). So, what I did was just repeating the 1st verse. Last night, she asked again and of course I sang it to her. She was sleeping in my room last night because Brenda was sick. As usual, I sang it over and over again, repeating the 1st verse. Very soon after, I heard Pat snored...it was before Charlotte fell asleep :0 That was alright because Charlotte did eventually fall asleep too. It was until about 4am, Charlotte woke up and asked me to sing that song again!

It is a very nice song, "When She Loved Me"

When somebody loved me, everything was beautiful
Every hour spent together, lives within my heart
And when she was sad, I was there to dry her tears
And when she was happy, so was I
When she loved me.

Through the summer and the fall, we had each other, that was all
Just she and I together, like it was meant to be
And when she was lonely, I was there to comfort her
And I knew that she loved me.

So the years went by, I stayed the same
And she began to drift away, I was left alone
Still I waited for the day, when she'd say "I will always love you"

Lonely and forgotten, never thought she'd look my way,
She smiled at me and held me, just like she used to do,
Like she loved me, when she loved me

When somebody loved me, everything was beautiful,
Every hour we spent together, lives within my heart
When she loved me.

Checkout this part of the movie in Toys Story 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is_hpHzEMiE&feature=related

The difference is my baby, I WILL always love you!

2 comments:

  1. That is indeed a very beautiful song sung by Sarah Mclachlan. I know for a fact that I won't be able to sing it without shedding a tear...and this considering I haven't even watched Toy Story 2!! Borrow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is that good eh ? :) nvr watch the movie b4 but definitely will consider. thanks for your recommendation.

    ReplyDelete