Friday, January 16, 2009

Bedtime Prayer

I started Charlotte on bed time prayer since she started half day school. At the very beginning, she just listened to what I say and she said "Amen" together with me. It wasn't very regular initially as sometimes she refused to say a prayer before bed but I am very happy that today she even reminded when I pretended to forget. She also started to say her own prayer about 1 month back. She has her own story that she wants to tell Jesus, a few special people that she wants to ask to be blessed, and she also remembers those who are not feeling well. Although I don't quite understand what she's trying to say sometimes, I know God loves to hear the little one's prayer and He knows best.

Charlotte also found a new bedtime prayer song from a CD that I have in my car. She will ask me to sing to her and the song goes like this...

Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray dear Lord that you will keep
Your eyes upon this sleeping world
Every little boy and girl

Bless the children far away
The ones who don't know how to pray
Those who are not feeling well
The little one who slipped and fell

Bless the puppy down the street
The neighbours I have yet to meet
Bless my mom and dad especially

Just one more thing I like to say
Before I close another day
I'd like to thank you Lord for all the ways
That you bless me

Recently, she wants to be the first one to say the bedtime prayer and she wants me to say mine (out loud) when she is done. So I did and I thought it is not a big deal to say it out loud and share it with my daughter. Last week, we did the same thing and when I was done Charlotte said "now it's daddy's turn!". I could tell that Pat was all blushed. I told Charlotte to teach her daddy and she was so happy that finally she can be the teacher! She asked her daddy to sit up straight and then she started her prayer and her daddy followed after each sentence. So this is what we've been doing, every night since then.

I think children can be a very good example sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment