Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Short Trip To KL

We decided to spend the weekend in KL last week taking the advantage of Pat's business trip arrangement. We drove down to KL on Saturday morning and our original plan was to depart early in the morning so that we will have more time in KL. Of all days, Charlotte chose to sleep in that morning! She usually wakes up in less than 15min if no one is sleeping beside her. Everyone woke up early and we were all busy packing and getting ready. We didn't keep to extraordinary light foot steps or talking in low volume because we want Charlotte to wake up so that we can get her ready too. However, she was very sound asleep even though I kept her bedroom door opened. It was about 8.30am when we have done all our packing but Charlotte was still asleep! I had no choice but to wake her up. So I went to her room and sat down beside her. She woke up and smile at me, then pointed to her pig pillow and bolster and said "pig pig"!

Here was my conversation with her:

me: do you want to go kai kai?
Charlotte: (nod her head) pig pig, bring

me: huh? you want to bring pig pig?
Charlotte: (nod her head again)

me: bring 1 only? (and I take the bolster)
Charlotte: (point to the pillow) pig pig

me: you want to bring both?
Charlotte: (nod again)
*pengsan*

Then I gave her milk and bath her, it was about 9.30am when we finally depart. Since I'm not bringing Brenda I had to drop her to my mother's house at Paya Terubong. So, we went to Paya Terubong and only official finally depart for KL at about 10.30am. *sigh*
I bought Charlotte a mini "char siew pao" and a small piece of "koh kuih" (nonya kuih) from the Air Itam market. She finished the whole char siew pao and half of the koh kuih! She slept for awhile along the way and had her milk again when we were about reaching KL. Both Pat and I were very hungry and we decided to go straight to IKEA and have lunch there.

IKEA was having a big sales and it was the 2nd last day before the promotion ends. It was so crowded and the parking is full everywhere! We were so very hungry and after driving 2 circles around IKEA and no single parking lot was spotted, Pat decided to park illegally as we saw there was a perfect space right in front of the IKEA entrance :p

We went straight to the IKEA restaurant on the 1st floor but that place was full of people and it was a long queue at the food counters. While waiting...

Daddy: Charlotte, give daddy a kiss please?
Charlotte: (kissed daddy...)



We waited for about 15min in the line and we ordered the family menu which consist of
- 20 pcs meat balls
- 2 bowls of fries
- 4 pcs chicken nuggets
-4 jelly jelly pudding
- 4 drinks

Yes, it was a lot and I warned Pat that we might not be able to finish everything and don't count on Charlotte to help because she just had milk. We then found ourselves a comfortable seat around the children's corner and Charlotte went on to explore the play area. The first thing she said when she saw the children's corner was "wow!" and this was something we found out about a month back, her new expression when she is impressed :)




Of course, my immediate task was to feed Charlotte even though I was starved. Any additional solid she takes is always a bonus to me :) She did eat quite a bit (2 pcs chicken nuggets, 1 meat ball, some fries and to my surprise we actually finished everything except the jelly (it tasted like coloring...)
We then headed for shopping at IKEA but Charlotte fell asleep (her 2nd nap of the day was stretched a little) before we finished our shopping. Luckily we didn't really have a shopping list for IKEA, so we browsed through everything rather quickly and only bought a few things.

Then we drove straight to the Traders Hotel at Ampang (next to/behind KLCC). It was about 6pm by then and we were stuck in a jam for a bit. I gave Charlotte milk again as I anticipated late dinner. Charlotte woke up when we were about to arrive at the hotel. She was refreshed and charged and was very excited when we arrived at the hotel.

Charlotte got attracted by the nicely designed bathroom, she went checked out the bathtub and told me "pom pom"! Funny thing I noticed was Traders Hotel gave out lollipop as a welcome gift instead of flowers (Isn't it a business hotel? They gave out lollipop for business travellers :p). The lollipop is placed on a towel in the bathroom, but Charlotte showed no interest on it at all :)

We had a quick clean-up and unpacked before we headed to KLCC for dinner and call it a day. One bonus staying at the Traders Hotel was they have buggy service to transport their customer to/from KLCC. Charlotte got very excited sitting in the buggy and she kept waving to the people on the side walk along the way :D


The next day, we went to explore the park right next to the hotel as we noticed the children playground from our room located at the 16th floor. It is the Taman KLCC and it has a big children playground, jogging tracks, "public swimming pool" (pool like we have at Youth Park in Penang) where children play in the water from the waterfall (eeeeeeewe....). Of course for a paranoid mother like me I did not allow her to play there but I could tell from Charlotte's eyes that she envy those children playing there ...





We then went to have lunch at the famous Ampang Yong Tau Foo. It was so crowded and I thought it was a bad idea because it is difficult to handle Charlotte at warm and crowded places like that. The original store that we wanted to go was really packed and we had to change plan to the one next door. We managed to get a place and quickly ordered our food to minimize the risk of getting Charlotte annoyed. I was praying quietly inside for Charlotte to take at least a little bit of the Yong Tau Foo otherwise, she will miss her solid for lunch. My prayer was answered! she loved the fish balls (quite a big one) and ate 2 fish balls in total. I cut it into small pieces and let her used the fork to feed herself. I think she was more excited to use the fork than the food actually.

We spent the rest of the day at KLCC again.



(good idea to keep children entertained at Isetan children's floor)


(our last buggy ride)


Charlotte and I flew back on Sunday night on MH1166 at 9.00pm. The flight was delayed until 9.30pm before it took off and Charlotte fell asleep right after took off. She slept all the way, woke up for only a short while when Brenda carried her over when we arrived at Penang airport.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Charlotte has good appetite..
    maybe you can consider buying different size/color of spoon/fork for her...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like u need to take her holiday to get her to eat more. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a glorious and fun-filled adventure!
    I think I know why she didn't pay attention to the lollipop...remember Dr Rama and the lollipop in his clinic? hehehe

    And what did you say about Charlotte and he lack of appetite? Nonsense! This girl can eat!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I am considering getting her bigger spoons and forks for toddler.

    She is not eating a whole lot, but she is eating more than before. I only pray that this will continue and gets better...

    As for the lollipop, yes she never got attracted to the lollipop at Dr Rama clinic too. Maybe I should let her know that those are sweets and edible?? :p

    ReplyDelete