Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Aeroplane, Snowman and Christmas Trees



Dec 29th, I took Charlotte down to KL to meet up with Pat. So I told her the night before that mommy is going to take to go on an aeroplane to go see daddy, she smiled.

I woke up early on Saturday morning, making sure I had all the necessary (milk, diapers, bottles, pacifier, medicines and etc) packed. I dressed Charlotte appropriately to sleep the night before because I know she usually didn't want to get changed in the morning. Our flight is at 9.05am and everything was as planned. We arrived at the airport and after checked-in was around 8.30am. I took Charlotte to walk around so that she could see the aeroplane up close. She was very happy and couldn't wait to be boarded.

Finally, boarding gate is opened and we were boarded smoothly. Charlotte got her own seat this time and she was fascinated. However, not too long after suddenly she said "want air-plane d" (don't want aeroplane already), "home d" (go home) and she really want to exit the plane. Uh oh!!

I didn't know what triggered her but I don't think she was scared the flying thingy. Anyway, I tried to clam her down and told her that we are going to see daddy, aeroplane will take us there and daddy will be waiting for Charlotte. Luckily she nodded. I started to pray that Lord help me and help Charlotte to go through this quickly and easily.

When we were about to take off, I decided to pull down the window shield just in case Charlotte is scared if she notices the height. Unfortunately, this triggered her curiosity. She wasn't aware of the window shield but once I did that, she actually wanted to play with it. We were taking off and she can see everything outside clearly, including the height. I tried my best to explain to her that we are flying, just like the one she sees in the Barney video. Cars and trees are becoming smaller, and soon we were above the clouds. Thank God that she accepted the explanation, and she sort of understands what she is experiencing.

She then discovered the seat belt. She asked me to show her to lock and unlock the seat belt. Luckily it was just a short distance flight and it wasn't too much turbulence. She was happily playing with the seat belt, learning to fasten and unfasten it repeatedly.


You must be thinking did she pinch her fingers at the end? Me too thought she pinched herself, that's why I stopped the video. No, that expression was because she didn't manage to get the seat belt unfasten, phew!

If you noticed in the video, there was a man sitting beside Charlotte (yes, Charlotte prefers the middle seat). Not long after we took off, that man fell asleep. Charlotte noticed it and turned to me and said "mommy, eyes close d" (ha ha!). As we were about to land, that man woke up and Charlotte said to me "mommy, wake up d". (LOL!)

We stayed at Royal Bintang, it's really a very strategic location to stay if the objective is to shop and eat. The Christmas decoration was amazing at the entire The Curve and Ikano Power Center.



Later that evening, Rachel CheChe, Irene KuKu and Uncle Peter came to meet us and join us for dinner at the Italiannese. Charlotte also received a Double Dancing Barbie dolls from Irene KuKu as Christmas present.

Who is that cow girl!?


We planned to shop at 1-U the next day before heading back to Penang unfortunately, Charlotte wasn't very much into shopping mood but more interested in walking up and down stairs/steps. So Pat decided to go straight back to Penang after breakfast, and there goes my Tony Roma's too :(

On our way back, Charlotte probably had bad dreams and she woke up crying hysterically. We were barely half way on our journey back home. She vomited the full 6oz of milk that she had about an hour ago. Worse thing was, I was carrying her with her facing me. When she vomited, I could see a big fountain of milk came toward me (eewwww....) and my whole body was covered with half digested milk (eeeeeeewww.....). We had no choice but to stop by the side and get changed (yea, in the car). Probably it was the bumpy road plus Charlotte just had milk not too long ago, all that motion might have upset the stomach.

Thank God that the remaining journey was smooth and Charlotte took another 4oz of milk as we were reaching Penang.

6 comments:

  1. wow...Charlotte smiled until "see teeth can't see eye' in the picture with you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go to Tony Roma's Singapore la - way much better.... and I see you guys had Marche? or did Charlotte just sit on the cow only?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that cheesy grin!!! Found you through KK & WS by the way : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlotte looked so delighted when she managed to put on her seat belt. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy new year ! Charlotte is so cute and you can see she's beaming with pride when she put on her seat belt :)

    ReplyDelete