Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Free & Easy

We hardly have a trip itinerary for a vacation like this. This is simply because we do not want to stress out because of itinerary that we need to complete or spots that we need to cover. We just go with the flow and take it easy. It is especially so when we bring Charlotte along. The "flow" is usually determined by our princess.


The first thing we did the next morning was to swim and spend some time at the very beautiful and huge swimming pool at the hotel. It has a man made, white sand "island" in the middle of the pool which we saw families with young children playing beach set there, and later a group of folks setting up for volley ball game. I'm not sure if calling it a "pool" is appropriate because the area the water covers is huge! Anyway, we spent a long time in the pool ourselves and Charlotte was complaining of muscle ache the next day, but she enjoyed it!  
  

Then it was more photo time and I was intended to take a few nice shots of the Hard Rock signature guitar but my princess wasn't very cooperative. So, here it the best shot I have with Charlotte, couldn't even make it to the signature signboard. 


I saw the horse drawn carriage lining up by the road site as we were approaching the hotel the evening before. I told Pat that Charlotte would be thrilled to have a ride but we didn't tell it to her as we were not sure if the service will be there around the clock or if it is too expensive. We headed out from the hotel after the photo shooting and looked for the carriage. I think we made her Cinderella dream came true (but of course the carriage was not as exclusive as the one in the movie la).


And then daddy scheduled a massage session and I sent Charlotte to the Lil Rock Kids Club. I wasn't very sure if Charlotte was willing to join in without me so I didn't plan to have a massage like Pat. But Charlotte was very happy when she found out that they were going to have "Kids Kitchen" and they were making pizza! She happily waved goodbye to me and I had a short while to go for a shopping spree! I walked around, up and under, but nothing attracted my attention. Seriously, what is there to buy in Bali? I came back to the hotel with a bottle of mineral water, so pathetic *slap forehead*

The beach was unbelievably crowded, the wave was high and obviously there was many surfers riding the wave. We hang around for a little bit and then we left for dinner.  


It was a very beautiful day and we had it free and easy, just the way we wanted.

1 comment: