Sunday, December 12, 2010

My Babymoon

It was recommended that it is now time to do a little getaway before the baby comes - people call it "babymoon". So we did, but it was not just Pat and I. For those who knows me, I never left Charlotte behind. We spent the last weekend and the public holiday this week at KL and Cameron Highlands, again.

It is a very nice timing to visit most of the malls this time around, with all the fancy and beautiful Christmas decorations. In fact, we went to KL almost every year around the same time. I didn't take any pictures at KL as I was too tired and too lazy to carry around a huge camera bag. Kinda regretted now :(

We did most of the Christmas shopping and food exploring in KL, on top of that we also took Charlotte to watch the Rapunzel at Cathay Cineplex at e@Curve! It was the first time I bought a 3D movie for Charlotte. She was terrified when we went to the 4D theater at Hong Kong Disneyland in 2008. I was hesitated when deciding 3D or 2D ticket but Pat assured me that Charlotte is ready now, plus it is not 4D like the one we experienced in Disneyland. It turned out to be quite alright, Charlotte enjoyed the movie and the 3D experience. In fact, we were the one feeling uncomfortable wearing the 3D glasses for so long.


On the 3rd day, we left KL and headed to Cameron Highlands. We made plan and met my parents at the foothill. I enjoyed going to Cameron, I like the cooling weather, the greens and the slow and relaxing pace up there. Our last trip to Cameron was in Feb/Mar this year, together with Charlotte's friend, Chloe. The only thing Charlotte remembered was she went with Chloe, and they went strawberry picking. The weather was very nice and cooling, and we were lucky that it wasn't raining! Spent a very nice cool evening having a traditional charcoal steamboat dinner. My grandfather used to use this type of steamboat every Chinese New Year when he was around. It reminded me so much of him and also the reunion dinner when I was a young kid.


Of course the strawberry picking...

and the vegetable farm...

and the tea plantation...

It was a short trip, in fact too short for Cameron Highlands. Will probably plan another trip before the little trouble maker arrives...

No comments:

Post a Comment